Monday, August 27, 2012

Gray Malin's Summertime

It's nearly dark by 8pm!  That means that summer is slowly fading out to make way for the crisper mornings and darker evenings of autumn, but I'm so not ready!  Not ready to say goodbye to lazy starts to the day; blue skies and warm evenings; definitely not ready for warmer clothes, forgoing the bikini and flipflops. Too sad.  So when I came across these wonderful photographs by Gray Malin (no relation of Christian!) I found another way to prolong my summer memories.  Aren't they fantastic?  I want them all.

Bondi, Australia

St Tropez, France

Secret Beach, St Tropez, France


St Tropez
Rio, Brazil


Tiki Beach



All Gray's photographs are shot from a doorless helicopter and snap beaches from all over the world.  He shoots from above as it allows the world to become art, the people and objects become patterns recreating pattern, shape and form.  His photographs are a visual celebration of colour, light and shape - not to mention summer bliss.  I'll take it!

Which one is your favourite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment