Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Al-fresco Fare...

Today has been my first day back since my few days away up north; true to form it was 25 degrees as we drove down the motorway yesterday but this morning I awoke to the heavy patter of rain on my windows that was not altogether unwelcome.  I've spent the day slaving over an application form, gazing out at the rain and remembering some of the summer days just past, especially the food.  Why is it that even the most simple dish tastes SO good, better even, when it's eaten outside?  I've had some truly memorable meals outside this summer - from simple suppers with friends and family to smarter dining here ... I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed eating (and drinking!) all they depict!



Crazy Champagne
Vintage silver toast rack. Similar here
Local farmers market

No comments:

Post a Comment