Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Look Lola!

So, that new project that I've been working on?  Take a look at my new header..What do you think?  Do you like it?  It's been a while in the pipeline; a few thoughts followed by some action and this is the result.  I'm so excited to share it with you!  It's been a whole lot of fun getting to this stage but I couldn't have done it without the wonderful Gemma Milly.  She's a super-talented designer/illustrator with some illustrious credits to her name, including Browns Jubilee window, The Sunday Times, Lionheart Magazine and has been featured in Vogue and Grazia.  She took my random well-thought-out ideas and over time transformed them into what you see now...here's a peek at the process..

1.  All my ideas condensed into one - the things that mean the most to me, that define me (answer to your question Kat!), my roots in Newcastle, my home in London, the sea, books, writing, makeup, my cat Geordie - it's all there...now which to choose?!!!

2.  A few tweaks here and there and this is what I went for.

3.  Blog name - I've shortened it to Lifelola.  I took the first two/last two letters of Live and Life and first two letters of Love and Laughter to get a shorter name.  In fact, amongst friends, they've always refered to my blog (and now me!)as Lola.  Obviously meant to be.

4.  Colour.  I wanted pale ombre effects; beautiful, calming watercolours and I asked Gemma to put a wash over the blog name.  I wanted pale pinks and salmons, sea-foam green and corals.

Too many choices!  All so lovely, but you know what I went for in the end.

Thank you Gemma, for all your creativity and input and helping make my ideas a reality.  It's such a pleasure to see my ideas come together and I hope you all enjoy looking at it as much as I do!
 xx


5 comments:

  1. Loving the new personalised look

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your new look. Great header, so personal and such a wonderful pictorial reflection of you. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! This looks fantastic..tells the reader all about you before they've even read anything. Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sarah - you've kept this one under wraps eh?! I really like the new look, very you and in keeping with the style of your blog. Gemma M did a good job interpreting your brief! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete