There's nothing better than a warm potato salad, and this one ticks all the boxes for me. The addition of crispy bacon elevates it to something else. Serve with BBQ grilled meats and a crisp green salad.
500g New Potatoes
3 Sprigs of Mint
250g Streaky Smoked Bacon
1 Tbsp Salted Butter
2 Tbsp Cloudy Honey
1 Tbsp of Wholegrain Mustard
1 tsp English Mustard
4 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- Over a medium flame, place a pan of salted water and bring to the boil.
- Add the New Potatoes and Mint and gently boil until tender and cooked.
- Slice the Bacon into lardons and fry until crisp or use pancetta cubes.
- Assemble the dressing; Mix the Honey, Mustards, Butter and Salt and Pepper in a bowl till combined.
- Remove the Potatoes from the heat and drain the water, discard the Mint and place them in a serving bowl.
- Stir through the dressing until coated and glossy and finish with the Crispy Bacon and Chives.