I've always been interested in the more esoteric things in life; my family and friends routinely, albeit fondly, scoff at me for my interest in ghosts and ghouls and angelic beings. I've dabbled with Yoga, meditate (not as often as I should) read 'Zest' and 'Psychologies' magazine, go to the gym, swim and think I'm pretty healthy...but still I can't get up in the mornings and can't remember when I last began a day feeling ready to take on the world. I drink too much, eat too many of the wrong things and it all equals a big NOT HEALTHY tattoo on my forehead. With this in mind I've decided to do something about it. Here is my big PLAN.
- I will meditate for 10 minutes morning and evening, no excuses, no falling asleep; I will be disciplined!
- I will drink more water (Sassy water - see 'What I'm eating')
- I will exercise more, at least 3x a week
- I will forgo alcohol and replace it with something slightly healthier
- Each month I'm going to 'test ride' a therapy, class or some sort of holistic treatment as part of my mind, body, spirit quest
I'd love to hear from anyone else with tips, maybe things you've tried, a similar journey you've undertaken. Please let me know...