Saturday, September 03, 2011

Enlightenment


I've always been interested in the more esoteric things in life; my family and friends routinely, albeit fondly, scoff at me for my interest in ghosts and ghouls and angelic beings.  I've dabbled with Yoga, meditate (not as often as I should) read 'Zest' and 'Psychologies' magazine, go to the gym, swim and think I'm pretty healthy...but still I can't get up in the mornings and can't remember when I last began a day feeling ready to take on the world.  I drink too much, eat too many of the wrong things and it all equals a big NOT HEALTHY tattoo on my forehead.  With this in mind I've decided to do something about it.  Here is my big PLAN.
  •   I will meditate for 10 minutes morning and evening, no excuses, no falling asleep; I will be disciplined!
  •  I will drink more water (Sassy water - see 'What I'm eating')
  •  I will exercise more, at least 3x a week
  • I will forgo alcohol and replace it with something slightly healthier
  • Each month I'm going to 'test ride' a therapy, class or some sort of holistic treatment as part of my mind, body, spirit quest
and finally, I'll keep you all posted on how I'm doing.  So, no time like the present; I toyed with the idea of the gym but have decided that a cool swim would be more therapeautic and seems more holistically cleansing than a sweaty run!  So that's where I'm headed now, out with the old and in with the new with some symbolic cleansing!

I'd love to hear from anyone else with tips, maybe things you've tried, a similar journey you've undertaken. Please let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment