Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Snapshots


When I'm working, one of the things I dream about is time to just sit in a cafe and watch the world go by.  A coffee in hand and sunshine to bask in...heaven.  So, a month into my holiday, I managed just that, getting the weekend off to a great start!  I took myself off for a browse and coffee at Bellevue Road, Wandsworth Common.  Home to several great boutique style shops as well as Village Books, a fantastic friendly bookshop, The Hope pub, and the michelin starred restaurant Chez Bruce where I've had several wonderful meals.  Bellevue Road also has a host of little coffee shops to indulge in a spot of people-watching!
It would, of course, have been rude not to have eaten too!

Then, the weekend really got going as we took off for a weekend of sailing in the Solent.  Thanks go to the lovely Birdsong for looking beautiful in the water at all times; but mostly thanks to the competent crew and patient skipper, who more than made up for my incompetance!  The sun shone, the water glinted; there was wine and nibbles, discussion and laughter, sunsets and swimming and best of all, there was friendship; It doesn't get much better than that!


I hope you all had a wonderfully relaxing weekend and have nice things planned for this week too... x

No comments:

Post a Comment