Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Brocante

I like nothing more than a rummage in a second-hand shop or a stroll round a flea market, so when I spotted this Brocante fair in Antibes recently you couldn't hold me back.  The thing that struck me most was the quality of the brocante; no cracked glass in the picture frames, no warped pages in the books, even the jewellery was sold in the original packaging - and we're not talking your bog-standard high street jewellery here - oh no - this was vintage Dior, Chanel, and Galliano!  From beautiful french dressers, ornate chandeliers to vintage postcards - it was a rummager's dream...

A beautiful aquamarine and diamond ring (Dior I think!)


Old postcards and vintage confirmation slips

Bundles of old linen

Piles of lacy tablecloths

Entire dinner services and beautiful old cutlery
I was so tempted to bring a stack of this stuff back with me and was only dissuaded by the thought of having to drag my case the length of France and half-way across Paris to the Eurostar!  If you like to look at loot shoots, then check out this blog for more vintage heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment