Here's what you do..
lavender hot chocolateSince lavender is quite fragrant, adjust amount according to preference. For a creamier hot chocolate, a 1 to 1 ratio of dark to milk chocolate can be used. Makes 2 servings.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao)
- 1 ounce milk chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon lavender buds
- 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or seeds from 1/4 of a whole vanilla bean pod
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated white sugar
For hot chocolate, heat milk and lavender over medium heat, whisking occasionally until the milk begins to simmer. Remove from heat and let lavender steep for 5 minutes. Strain lavender and return milk to saucepan. Over medium heat, add chocolate and mix until chocolate is melted and incorporated. Whisk milk mixture for 10-20 seconds until frothy. Pour into mugs or bowls and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.