Sunday, October 02, 2011

Baubles and pretty things

First of all, an apology for the lack of posts over the last two weeks...this is due to starting a new job and just being generally snowed under.  I'm vowing to be more organised with my postings I promise!  After a fairly intensive week at the work and home front, this gorgeous Indian Summer weather is hugely welcome.  Friday night was spent eating Indian takeout from here and getting a much needed early night.  Saturday got off to a good start with a trip to the gym, some grocery shopping and sitting in a friend's garden enjoying the late afternoon sunshine.  The day was topped off by dinner with good friends and sitting in the warm evening air surrounded by candles and fairylights - bliss...  I did however manage to get in a little bit of tidying and organising in between.  I have a large collection of jewellery, most of it cheap and cheerful, but cluttering up pots and boxes and I never seem to be able to lay my hands on the piece I want when I want it.  So I started with a vintage French button box that I bought years ago that has handy compartments for rings, earrings and necklaces.  The resulting order from chaos was hugely satisfying and here are the results...


Vintage French button box



Jumbled Jewels

All that glitters..

2 comments:

  1. I love this. So organsised!!! I dont think id have the time or patience to do this to all of my bits and bobs! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Made me feel Soooo good to get it sorted! I think I must have too much time on my hands! x

    ReplyDelete