Thursday, January 05, 2012

Notes from a Northumbrian Farmhouse (1)

Has it really only been two days since I came back to work ... it doesn't feel like it!!!  The holidays seem a lifetime away already and the twelve hour work day way too familiar the way it greeted me like a long lost (reluctant!!!) friend.  When I was away, on several of my walks in the hills, I would pause and just listen.  Sometimes it was completely silent, more often the sound of a sheep bleating on the opposite fell would carry itself on the wind; or the stream would gurgle and splash it's way over the recumbent rocks; and I resolved that I would snapshot those sounds/memories to revisit when the treadmill of London seemed too much.  I'm there!  So here are those Northumberland memories to help ease the stress and strain of urban living - I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Lampshade in farmhouse!

Montage

The Village Well

Bizarrely this is a tree decorated in middle of nowhere! Really made me smile
This made me smile even more - the best bit of Northumberland - my beautiful neices and daughter
Lichen growing on a twig by the roadside

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time!! Loving the effects you have used to put all those photos together! and those girls are just stunning! x

    ReplyDelete