Thursday, January 31, 2013

Eat your greens

I'm still on a green roll and although I've never really got into making my own smoothies, the January detox decreed that I at least give it a go!  I hadn't been out to shop specially for any ingredients so was limited to what was in my fridge!  Close inspection of the crisper revealed a pear, some spinach and some apple juice. So, in it all went, blended for a minute and what I was left with was reminiscent of something from a horror film; green and frothy.  Hmmmm.   Anyway, I gave it a whirl, and you know what?  It was delicious.  Yes, really.  I couldn't  taste the spinach just the sweet flavour of pear and apple.  I went around all day feeling very virtuous.  Next on the hit list is kale, and you all know how much I love that!

{green and frothy spinach smoothie}
So, here's what you need:
two handfuls of spinach, one pear, 250mls apple juice, ice.  That's it.  Blend and there'll be enough for two servings.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment