Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wrap it up!

I'm always on the look-out for new paper fripperies; drawn towards racks with trailing ribbons in multi-coloured hues, polka dots, neons, gilts and pastels.  I have draws full of luggage labels ready to be customised with bright washi tapes, boxes full of stampers to create my own messages and different coloured inks to write in.  I recently discovered this glue pen which is fine enough to write with and still add glitter for a sparkly effect.  I compulsively buy and then hoard gorgeous cards and postcards, loathe to part with them just in case they aren't loved by the receiver in the same way!

Although I love different wrapping papers and fine tissues, my go-to favourite has always been good old brown parcel paper.  It's SO versatile - customise with stamps, decorate with washi, write on it with glitter, bind with velvety ribbon or just add a beautiful tag; simple but effective and always made wth love!
It embues the act of giving with as much anticipation of somebody elses pleasure as the joy of receiving.

If you're into all things crafty and you live in London Papered Parlour in Clapham, South West London, is having a Papermash event tomorrow - tickets free, so register now and pop along for some crafting fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment