Friday, June 15, 2012

Hot Caprese Dip

I LOVE Italian food; the flavours, colours and the lifestyle it invokes, draw me in every time.  I have to confess tho', that I'm not particularly into fussy cuisine, the fine dining stuff leaves me a bit cold.  I'm definitely more of a peasant food person - robust flavours, simple ingredients and no fuss presentation.  One of my favourite things to eat is the Caprese Salad - creamy buffalo mozarella, tomatoes and basil - it can't get any simpler or delicious.  I drizzle mine with lemon oil which isn't strictly the Italian way, but it works for me.  So, when I came across a recipe for a hot Caprese dip, it was always going to be a winner.

Here's how to do it:


Take the best quality mozarella you can afford, some gorgeous ripe tomatoes and fresh basil.

Chop/dice your ingredients, tear your bazil leaves into smaller bits.  I would recommend removing the seeds from the tomatoes.  This prevents the finished dish being watery.

Place into an oven proof dish, making sure that your ingredients are well mixed up.  Then place in a hot oven for about half an hour, or until the top is browning and bubbly. 

You can serve this with mixed crudites, crispbreads, or some crusty bread.

Enjoy and have a great weekend x

No comments:

Post a Comment