- Choose a light or medium-toned product, for a more natural looking result.
- Before using the product, wash and exfoliate your skin with a wash cloth or sponge to remove excess dead skin cells and avoid a streaky or patchy result.
- It is recommended that legs are shaved 12 hours prior to application for an even result.
- Apply the tanning product lightly and evenly. Use less product on dry or thickened skin, such as over your ankles, knees and elbows as these areas tend to absorb more product.
- Five to ten minutes after applying the self-tan, rub areas such as your elbows and knees with a little lotion to ensure there are no patchy areas.
- After applying the product to your face and body, wash your hands with soap and water to avoid colouring your palms and use a wet wipe for the soles of your feet. Be sure to remove any product from under your fingernails. Then use a cotton ball to apply the product to the top of each hand.
- To prevent staining your clothes, wait until the product dries completely, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Most tanning products don't contain a sunscreen and therefore don't protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun's rays. If you spend time outdoors, be sure to apply a sun protection cream with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 before going outside.
2. Xen Tan - If you like a darker tan, or you're naturally olive skinned, this is the lotion for you. Used by stars all over the globe, it creates a deep olive colour and a flawless finish.
L'Oreal Sublime Bronze for fair skins. This gives a natural looking tan without the self-tan smell.The ultra-wide micro-diffusion spray allows the product to dry instantly, for a radiant result with no need to rub in.
What are your favourite sunning products?