Wednesday, July 17, 2013

5 (easy) DIY projects for summertime inspiration

I think we all need a creative outlet now and then, whether it be writing a daily journal, cooking and baking, or creating a beautiful watercolour.  From time to time I get the urge to 'make' something and I often turn to my pinterest page 'crafty' for ideas.  Here are some of my current favs...

1.  Rose petal ice-cubes - how gorgeous are these.  Guaranteed to make your summertime drink extra special.


2. How to illustrate in ten steps. I've always wanted to be able to draw.  People say you can learn, but I promise you, so far I've failed.  Maybe this will help!


3. Gold confetti tumblers  Who wouldn't want to use these for a summer cocktail.  Easy to make and very effective.

4.  I used to love making paper mache bowls as I found it very soothing, so when I saw this project making paper mache teacups I couldn't wait to try it.


5. Tray styling is just a fun thing to do.  I hadn't realised, until I saw this tutorial, that you're meant to divide your space into quadrants.  I guess that would work for other areas too...


No comments:

Post a Comment