Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Tables

{Easter table centrepiece}
So, in just under a week it will be Easter Sunday, celebrated by Christians over the world, but also by those who worship at the altar of chocolate.  Whatever your feelings about the origins of the celebrations, it is just that; a chance to celebrate with friends and family and that's always a good thing.  Last year I hosted an Easter lunch for ten and this year I'm doing the same, numbers slightly larger tho' as one of the families has a new addition.  In previous years, the weather has been gorgeous, sunny and warm enough to have drinks outside and certainly warm enough to accommodate an outdoor Easter egg hunt for the littlies; not so this year I fear.  It's cold and currently snowing/sleeting and so I'm thinking it's going to be an indoors Easter this time round.  Over the years I've collected a lovely little selection of Easter decorations which I'll bring out and use to decorate pussy willow twigs and ivy.  I've also spotted this little corker which I'm going to have a go at for the table decs...
{image source: pinterest}

So easy to do... just empty an egg and paint the shell gold, thread a tulip through it and you're done.
As for the food, usually I like to do a slow roast shoulder of lamb, a nod to the paschal, but this year I'm ringing the changes with an all-in-one spring chicken roast, with petit pois a la Francaise to accompany it, followed by a variation on Eton Mess courtesy of Marco Pierre White.  Then there'll be laughter and bubbly, chocolate eggs and tired children.  We'll finish off by cheering on this year's Oxford v Cambridge in the annual boat race.

Anyway, despite the inclement weather, here are some Easter table settings to inspire you - the weather may smile on you elsewhere!








What are your plans for Easter?

image sources: 1//2/3/4//5//6//7

No comments:

Post a Comment