one large potato per person (or more if you're very hungry or want leftovers)
mature cheddar cheese
- I always start by microwaving the potatoes for a short time to shorten the time in the oven - usually five minutes if I have 4 potatoes in there
- Place each potato on a metal skewer and place in the oven for approximately an hour. They are done when you squeeze the skins and they give pleasingly
- Fry the pancetta until crispy and when the potatoes are ready...
- Half the potatoes and scoop out the soft flesh and place into a bowl.
- Add a good dollop of butter, salt and pepper and mix together until smooth
- Add as much cheese as you like for taste
- Add the pancetta and spoon the mixture back into the cases and place on a baking tray
- sprinkle a little extra cheese on the top and a smidgin of smoked paprika
- Place back in the oven (or under a hot grill if you can't wait any longer) for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese on top has melted and golden brown
- Serve with sour cream and chopped chives