Wednesday, August 31, 2011

'Normal for Norfolk'

As readers of  this blog will know, I recently spent a week in Norfolk and came across a wonderfully eclectic, as well as bursting to the seams, treasure trove of a shop called 'Normal for Norfolk'.  Inside this Aladdin's cave, wall to wall, ceiling to ceiling were racks of vintage dresses, skirts, jewellery and bags.  I was virtually hyperventilating with pleasure.  However, I left without spending anything (trying to keep to my budget) and on my return looked it up on the web hoping for some internet shopping instead.  I found the shop, but sadly no on- line shopping to be found.  What I did find however, was a definition for the phrase 'Normal for Norfolk' (here). Not an altogether complimentary image but at least the owner of the shop has a good sense of humour.  Whenever I'm in Norfolk I always find some lovely little treasures tucked away, last year it was a first edition of one of my grandfather's books, this year it was some cute stationary. So take a look at my 'normal for Norfolk' finds..
Gorgeous stationary from Norfolk Living

Soft rose-patterned padded hangers
Cockle Shells from Holkham beach

No comments:

Post a Comment