Monday, June 24, 2013

Lilac Sugar



I can't believe that I didn't find this recipe before the lilac season was over!  Never mind, one to keep up my sleeve for next year I guess.  I love the smell of lilac, it has a particular sweetness that reminds me summer is on its way.  Making this lilac sugar is so simple; all you need are two ingredients...

Lilac sugar
  • Clean, dry lilac petals (preferably purple as they are very fragrant)
  • Granulated sugar
  • a jar
 
 
Layer flowers and sugar in a jar. Let it stand in a dark and cool place for a few days, shaking every now and then. Now your sugar is ready to use. Perfect for baking cupcakes, a vanilla sponge, or even in a cup of tea.



Here are some more recipes that incorporate this delicately fragrant blossom...I'm also thinking that this might make a fab springtime cocktail...



images: 1,2,3,4,5





No comments:

Post a Comment