Monday, May 02, 2011

Agape

I realise that it's been a while since my last blog post! Life and all that accompanies it, I guess, sometimes gets in the way of recording it!As coincidence would have it, today I walked again along the Wey navigation (see last post) , in warm sunshine and a blustering breeze.  In the intervening weeks I've been up to Northumberland, hosted friends from Australia, celebrated Easter and watched a very royal wedding.  I'm not a 'royalist' in any sense; I don't stalk them and the news pages; I don't queue to see them make a 3 second appearance along London streets but I was looking forward to Will and Kate's wedding and was happy to fight their corner with the more grumpy of my friends.  After all, in a world where headlines are dominated by Tsunami's, earthquakes, wars, and other pestilence, in my book a wedding and a chance to celebrate some of the good things life has to offer, namely love, is always worth the effort, royal or not.  So here's to love in every guise, filial, romantic, agape, I raise a glass to you...