Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Five Top Hot Lip Balms


I am rarely without a lip balm.  If I find myself sans balm it's enough to induce a feeling of mild panic!  I have tried so many different balms; some are too sticky, others not moisturising enough.  The best will nourish and give a light gloss and some even have an in-built tint, killing two birds with one stone.  Anyway, we all have our favourites and here are my top five recommendations...

1. Eve Lom's Kiss Mix has long been a favourite of mine.  It goes on smoothly and doesn't leave a sticky residue.  It has a slightly pharmaceutical smell to it too, which makes you feel it must be doing some good!

2. Lanolips is one of my newer purchases.  It looks like a lip-gloss and comes either as a neutral balm or tinted with a variety of berry colours.  My favourite is rose, a slight tint that just stains the lips.

3. Now Burt's Bees isn't my favourite but it works well, leaving lips feeling moisturised and it's all natural too, which is always a consideration.

4. I guess Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Lip repair cream speaks for itself!  Part of the infamous Eight Hour range, I use this every night before I go to sleep.  It has a wonderful eucalyptus scent and leaves a very subtle sheen. 

5.What can I say!  Good old Vaseline - I know, I know, petroleum...BUT it works.  It goes on smoothly, not too sticky, gives a subtle sheen and comes in a variety of shades and flavours.  I have a different one in every bag I own and couldn't be without it.

So, those are the balms I'm loving right now.  What about you? Which balms do you use and recommend? I'd love to hear...

No comments:

Post a Comment