Monday, February 11, 2013

How to make pasta fritta

It's a sad fact that I love pasta but it doesn't love me.  That is, when I eat it I always pay for it later...bloated, uncomfortable and very very sleepy!  So I've learned to stay clear of it when out for dinner, and it's not my go-to-stand-by supper anymore, sadly.  However, there is one exception to my pasta ban and that's pasta fritta, aka deep-fried pasta.  Very healthy.  I first came across this when out for lunch with a girlfriend and they were heaven.  Golden morsels of crispness, with the added crunch of Maldon salt.  A plateful with a cold glass of prosecco go a long way to healing all ills, in my book anyway.  So, I decided I'd try and make them myself.  The end result wasn't quite as delicious as the ones in the restaurant, but they definitely hit the spot and next time I'd leave them in the deep fat fryer slightly longer  - trial and error.  So, here's what I did.

1.  Cook 5 sheets of dried lasagne sheets in boiling water until al-dente.

2.  Drain well, and dry off with kitchen towel.
3.  Heat up fryer and cut up your lasagne sheets.  I cut mine into tortilla type shapes.

4.  Deep fry until golden and crispy and drain on more kitchen sheets.

5.  Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt or grated parmesan and serve with a cold glass of something delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment